The LGBTQ Religious Archives Network operates as a program of the Center for LGBTQ and Gender Studies in Religion at the Pacific School of Religion. Any rights that LGBTQ-RAN might have under these provisions belong to and will be enforced by The Pacific School of Religion, incorporated as a [name type of organization?] in the State of California.
The LGBTQ Religious Archives Network (“LGBTQ-RAN”) provides the content on webpages with the domain, https://lgbtqreligiousarchives.org, (“the Website”) in support of its mission to “preserve history and encourage scholarly study.” LGBTQ-RAN invites visitors to use its online content for personal, educational and other non-commercial purposes. By using the LGBTQ-RAN Websites, you accept and agree to abide by the following terms.
Intellectual Property Rights in Content
LGBTQ-RAN is the owner of the compilation of content that is posted on the LGBTQ-RAN Websites, which consists of text, images, audio, video, databases, design, codes and software (“Content”). However, LGBTQ-RAN does not necessarily own each component of the compilation. The Content that LGBTQ-RAN makes available on the LGBTQ-RAN Websites may be owned by LGBTQ-RAN, owned by others and used with their permission (such as user-generated content or scholarly contributions), or used in accordance with applicable law. Some Content is in the public domain and some Content is protected by third party rights, such as copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, privacy, and contractual restrictions. While LGBTQ-RAN makes diligent and reasonable efforts to ascertain the copyright or other third-party right status of content displayed on the Website, verifying the status to an absolute certainty is not possible.
If you wish to make derivative use of Content on the Website, please contact LGBTQ-RAN for permissive use of the Content and information regarding copyright or other third-party rights (such as trademark, rights of privacy or publicity, donor restrictions, etc.) that may apply to use of the Content. LGBTQ-RAN attempts to ascertain and record such information accurately, but does not guarantee or assure such accuracy. However, it is your responsibility to verify your legal rights pertaining to your use of the Content.
If you have questions or information about Content on the LGBTQ-RAN Websites, please contact LGBTQ-RAN. Contact information is listed on the Contact Us page of this website.
LGBTQ-RAN welcomes you to make fair use of the Content as defined by copyright law. Please note that you are responsible for determining whether your use is fair and for responding to any claims that may arise from your use.
In addition, LGBTQ-RAN allows personal, educational, and other non-commercial uses of the Content on the following terms:
- You must cite the author and source of the Content as you would material from any printed work.
- You must also cite and link to, when possible, the LGBTQ-RAN Website as the source of the Content.
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices including attribution information, credits, and notices, that are placed in or near the text, images, or data.
- You must comply with all terms or restrictions other than copyright (such as trademark, publicity and privacy rights, or contractual restrictions) as may be specified in the metadata or as may otherwise apply to the Content.
Unauthorized Uses Require Prior Written Permission
USE OF THE CONTENT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES REQUIRES PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM LGBTQ RAN.
Send your permission request or other inquiries, including requests for higher quality formats, including high resolution digital images, to LGBTQ-RAN. Contact information is listed on the Contact Us page of this website.
Many of the names, titles, trademarks, service marks, and logos that appear on the Website are registered or common law (unregistered) marks of LGBTQ-RAN. With the exception of fair use, you may not use LGBTQ-RAN trademarks without prior written permission.
Trademarks of third parties may also appear on the Website from time to time. You agree that nothing on Website shall be construed as granting any license to use any Trademark displayed on Website without the express written permission of the owner of the trademark.
Interactive Features and User-Generated Content
LGBTQ-RAN provides certain interactive features, such as blogs, for the exchange of ideas and information by visitors in furtherance of its mission. Accordingly, LGBTQ-RAN encourages you to interact with its site, subject to the following conditions:
- You are solely responsible for the content that you submit.
- By posting content, you are giving LGBTQ-RAN and those authorized by LGBTQ-RAN permission to use it for any educational, promotional or other standard museum purpose.
- You will not post any content that is off-topic, partisan-political, contains personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, pornographic, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- You will only post content that is yours or for which you have received permission from the person or entity that owns the content and the related intellectual property rights.
- You will not insert your own or a third party’s advertising or promotional content into your posting.
- You understand that LGBTQ-RAN may monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards or any other postings from time to time.
- You understand that LGBTQ-RAN assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the posting of your content or for any error, defamation, libel, omission, obscenity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any posted information or from any failure or delay in removing such content.
- You will not introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You agree that you will not collect information about the users of this website or use such information for any purpose.
LGBTQ-RAN reserves the right to monitor content or information provided by website visitors in its sole discretion, to edit or remove any content that, in LGBTQ-RAN’s judgment, does not comply with the foregoing rules. LGBTQ-RAN is not responsible for any user-generated content that is posted on the Website or for any failure or delay in removing such content.
If you have any complaints or objections to Content posted on the Website because it was not properly credited or it was posted without permission and you are the copyright owner, please contact us and provide your contact information and a link to the relevant Content. Contact information is listed on the Contact Us page of this website.
Links to Third Party Sites
LGBTQ-RAN may link to third party sites which are not under the control of LGBTQ-RAN. These links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only, and they do not indicate LGBTQ-RAN’s endorsement, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the third party or content of the linked website, including any advertisements that may be posted. LGBTQ-RAN has no control over, makes no representation or warranty and bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the externally linked sites.
Links FROM Third Party Sites
Linking is an important feature that facilitates searching and making connections among websites. If you link to the Website, you agree to present the link in a manner that does not give the impression that LGBTQ-RAN endorses, whether expressly or implicitly, any products, services or opinions provided on your website and that the link contains a clearly written notice that the user is leaving your website and accessing another.
The Content is provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement. LGBTQ-RAN shall not be responsible or liable for any damage that may occur due to your use of the Website or downloading any Content from the Website.
Reservation of Rights
Warranty and Indemnity
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction