Makalani-MaHee, Bishop S.F. Archives
Span Dates: 1982-2014
Volume: 2 boxes
This collection includes selections of Makalani-Ma-Hee's written and musical works, programs, pamphlets, photographs, and textiles. The collection was assembled by the Stonewall National Museum and Archives which offers the guide to the collection below.
Guide to the Makalani-MaHee, Bishop S.F. Collection
Writings: Bustin' Hell Wide Open: A Piece in Three Movements Written and Performed by Bishop S.F. Makalani Ma-Hee (typescript, 2001, and [alternative title], Sistah!, annotated typescript); Don't (spoken word/poems, printed); S.F.'s Journey: A Letter to Family and Friends After Attending the 13th Annual Transgender Day of Remembrance (autobiography, 2011), with email responses
- manuscripts (lyrics, sermons, poems, and notes for same), 2 v. (in original order), plus two additional folders
- program: Identifying the T in GLB-T-QI, Broward Co. Dept. of Health
- misc. programs, announcements
- New Hope First Community Church programs, 2009-10
- Celebration of the Life of Larry Brown, Church of Our Savior MCC, 11/23/2014
- misc. publications of Light in the Closet Christian Ministry (inc. Transgender Health & Spiritual Well-Being); Music for the pro-LGBTQ Welcoming Church Movement
- Faith Temple, Washington DC pamphlets, ca. 1982-5
- photographs: Misc. family and friends (inc. Spelllman College?), ordination, and with Cynthia Nixon, Barak Obama, Bill Richardson, Jane Fonda; Sistah! performance at Stonewall Library; 2nd Annual Gay Black Pride South Florida, 2001 March 2 [Steven Shires, photographer]
- Transgender Awareness Week proclamation (Wilton Manors, 11/2012); Expressions of Sympathy from City of Ft. Lauderdale & Broward Co., Debbie Wasserman Shultz, Honoring Bishop S.F. Makalani Ma-Hee in the U.S. House of Representatives
- funeral service register book
- stamp (no pad)
- 2 necklaces
- rosary beads, etc.
- awards (2)
Mitre, skull caps; gowns, vestments; autographed t-shirt
- memorial banner
- memorial poster; caricature (pre-transition). Shelved in Flat Files - Authors & Literature
This collection is housed at the Stonewall National Museum and Archives, 1300 East Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304.
Contact the museum staff for more information.
Artist/musician/poet | Black | Clergy Activist | Florida | Trans activism | Unity Fellowship Church Movement | Makalani-MaHee, Bishop S.F.